I'm interested in how organisms finely control system-wide behavior by tuning of protein structure, dynamics, and interactions. My current work is on the small GTPase Ran/Gsp1, looking into how its key partners regulate Gsp1 cycling to allow for different behavior in several cellular pathways.
- Mathy, CJP, Mishra P, Flynn JM, Perica T, Mavor D, Bolon DNA, & Kortemme T. Complete mutational mapping of a GTPase switch in vivo reveals novel allosteric regulation. 2022 bioRxiv https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.04.13.488230
- Baker JJ, Mathy, CJP, & Schaletzky J. A proposed workflow for proactive virus surveillance and prediction of variants for vaccine design. PLoS Computational Biology, 2021 17(12), e1009624. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1009624
- Perica T*, Mathy CJP*, Xu J, Jang GΜ, Zhang Y, Kaake R, Ollikainen N, Braberg H, Swaney DL, Lambright DG, Kelly MJS, Krogan NJ, Kortemme T. Systems-level effects of allosteric perturbations to a model molecular switch. Nature. 2021 Oct 13:1-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-021-03982-6. *co-first author
- Bouhaddou M et al. The Global Phosphorylation Landscape of SARS-CoV-2 Infection. Cell. 2020 Jun 28:S0092-8674(20)30811-4. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.06.034.
- Gordon DE et al. A SARS-CoV-2 protein interaction map reveals targets for drug repurposing. Nature. 2020 Jul;583(7816):459-468. doi: 10.1038/s41586-020-2286-9.